Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Day 10: Wine Tour!!!!!!





biking km today: 0 km
driving km today: 202 km


We went to 12 wineries! I drove and Brandon was allowed to get drunk.
Before Brandon started drinking.

After Brandon had started drinking.

I would take take tiny sips of things I thought were pretty good, and drink the whole glass of things I really liked. Elephant Island fruit wines, I really liked. They don't use grapes but somehow they manage to really pack a lot of flavour into their wines purely from apples, apricots, pears, currants, cherries, etc.
Cherries used to make Elephant Island Wine.

We both loved Elephant Island, La Frenz and Gehringer Brothers. I especially loved Gehringher Bros. Every wine I tasted I loved. Brandon too.
The funniest winery was Antelope Ridge where a French couple were running the show. They bickered away in broken English. "Synpathetic" was not the right word, or maybe it was. They took off to go check the dictionary.
Another highlight of the day was when we discovered that 202 km in our Toyota Yaris cost us only $17.49! And that was with gas prices at $115.03. How brilliant is that?

A downside to the day was when we followed directions from a very purely drawn out map. We thought that we could get to Kelowna straight from Naramata. Apparently you can't, and it's a 40 km, and an 1.5 h detour to figure out your mistake. Oh well. Another tasting got us into pretty good spirits. Like I said, it was the maps fault!

The end of the day at Antelope Ridge..........

........and Brandon has had his share.

B&K

1 comment:

Fraser said...

umm... do i see a car wheel? are u guys cheating!? cuz i heard it was a bike tour! GET BACK ON THAT BIKE!